Shortly after the new year I realized that I've been writing this blog for 6 years now.
I have published over 75 posts and a lot of them are in long series. If you happen to discover this blog in the middle of one of those, it may be difficult to find you way back to the start of the series, or to find out what else is here that might interest you. So I took the time to create a site map, which is live on the blog now, and can be accessed via the link at the right end of the row of links near the top of the page, just under the orange rectangle with the title and tag line. I've also started to put a list of links to all the other posts in a series at the bottom of each post in the series--this should be all done in the next few weeks.
In the process of setting up the site map I got a little distracted and stopped to read some of the earlier posts that I hadn't looked at in a while. I wasn't expecting to be very impressed with that early work, but actually I find myself quite happy with it and would change very little if I had it over to do again.But to judge from the number of page views for posts before 2016, only a very few people have bothered to go back and have a look at those early posts.
I can certainly recommend the first 10 posts as a good introduction to what I'm talking about here.
The Early Days
- Cargo Cult Science Sunday, 15 January 2012
- Reality is..., Tuesday, 17 January 2012
- A Fundamental Change, Wednesday, 25 January 2012
- Environmental Degradation, Saturday, 3 March 2012
- Growth and Depletion, Friday, 9 March 2012
- Economic Contraction, Friday, 9 March 2012
- What does all this mean?, Friday, 30 March 2012
- What the heck do we do next? Sunday, 22 April 2012
- What I Believe, Updated, Sunday, 6 November 2016
- Sustainability? Saturday, 30 March 2013
Emergency Preparation and Deliberate Descent were my first looks at what individuals, families and communities can do to cope in the age of scarcity.
- Emergency Preparation – what to do first, Part 1, Saturday, 2 June 2012
- Emergency Preparation, Part 2 – what I am doing – Bugging In, Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Deliberate Descent - Part 1 , Sunday, 18 August 2013
- Deliberate Descent--Part 2 , Saturday, 24 August 2013
- Deliberate Descent, Part 3, Saturday, 22 March 2014
In Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo I took a closer look at the lack of a reality based response from both the BAU (Business As Usual) people and the counterculture or "Crunchy" folks, and what a reality based response might actually look like.
Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo
- Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo, Part 1, Thursday, 12 May 2016
- Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo, Part 2: BAU and The Religion of Progress, Monday, 30 May 2016
- Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo, Part 2b: More on what's wrong with Business as Usual, Sunday, 5 June 2016
- Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo, Part 3: Focusing on the Woo in Crunchiness , Monday, 13 June 2016
- Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo, Part 4: A Reality Based Approach, Sunday, 26 June 2016
- Business as Usual, Crunchiness and Woo, Part 5: Life in the Age of Scarcity , Saturday, 2 July 2016
For those who are eagerly awaiting more on what individuals, family and communities might do to weather the collapse of industrial civilization, that will be the subject of my next series of posts. Before going ahead with that, though, I'm going to update the "About Me" section of the blog, with some more detailed autobiographical notes.